We are currently seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional to serve as a Manager of Program Management within our Rural Health Care team. Reporting to the Director of Program Management you will:
• Managing a team responsible for Rural Health Care financial management and invoicing activity.
This is an outstanding career opportunity for an individual interested in a genuine professional challenge in support of a public-spirited mission.
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the Manager will be responsible for leading and overseeing a team of people responsible for all post-commitment activities and all financial management of the Rural Health Care Program with a focus on quality, compliance and timeliness. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
Leading staff dedicated to analyzing forms related to Rural Health Care eligibility and request for services applications for all Rural Health Care programs; tasks include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for the success of the Rural Health Care Division.
● You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field.
● You have 5 to 7 years of experience performing duties similar to those listed above.
● You have advanced skills in MS Office products.
● You are a problem solver with great attention to detail, can work with little supervision, multi-task, and learn quickly.
● You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in high-pressure situations.
● You possess strong business writing skills, with experience communicating with all levels of employees.
● You can manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
● You are comfortable working as a self-motivated individual contributor and also as part of a team.
● You enjoy working in an open environment where every member shares equal weight in providing and implementing solutions.
● You have 3 to 4 years of direct management or technical leadership experience.
● You have experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
Through its administration of the $10 billion Universal Service Fund (USF) programs on behalf of the FCC, USAC works to promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates and to increase access to advanced telecommunications services throughout the nation. Specifically, the USF programs provide funding for the expansion of telecommunications and broadband access to rural communities and health care facilities, Rural Health Care across the country, and low income households. Through program administration, auditing, and outreach, USAC works with contributors, service providers, and program beneficiaries to achieve the program goals articulated by the FCC for each of these programs.
The FCC has reformed the USF to support further investment in and access to evolving broadband infrastructure, making the programs a primary vehicle to support this critical national priority. USAC, as the administrator of the USF, plays a critical role in supporting the ambitious vision to ensure that all citizens in the United States have access to high-speed broadband. The organization has approximately 500 employees with an operating budget of more than $200 million. USAC works in close partnership with the FCC and other federal and state partners to support the achievement of the USF program goals.
USAC administers the USF programs—High Cost, Lifeline, Rural Health Care, and Schools & Libraries. USAC strives to provide efficient, responsible stewardship of the programs, a key national asset in making important telecommunications and Internet services available to consumers, health care providers, schools, and libraries throughout the United States. The program divisions are supported by additional USAC personnel in Finance, General Counsel, Information Systems, Internal Audit, the Enterprise Program Management Office and Human Resources. Consistent with FCC rules, USAC does not make policy for or interpret unclear provisions of statutes or the FCC’s rules.
Universal service is paid for by contributions from telecommunications carriers, including wireline and wireless companies, and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol providers, including cable companies that provide voice service, based on an assessment of their interstate and international end- user revenues. These contributions are most typically passed through to consumers through a universal service fee line item on their telephone bills.
Additional information on USF programs can be found at: http://www.usac.org/about/about/who-we- are/default.aspx
USAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, ongoing professional development opportunities, including vacation and sick leave.
USAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only principals will be accepted. No agencies please.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, click the “Apply For This Job Online” button.
USAC employees are passionate about our mission. Our work contributes to the success of all Americans. We’ve worked together to build a culture that is collaborative, ambitious, outcome-oriented, and feedback-focused.